Wednesday 6 January 2016

"Are we there yet?" "No two years off!!!"

My name is Harrison, I am a 10 year old and I am traveling Australia for two years. We bought a new KOKODA caravan. Mum, Dad, me, my annoying eight year old sister Samantha, and my five year old brother Mitchell. It is school holidays and when school starts we will be doing distance education. Me and my family are all excited. We will be seeing landmarks and other cool stuff. We are not doing the normal 'Big Lap', we are zig zaging the country.

We left boxing day and the weather looked fine. Going up the Clyde mountain between Batemans Bay and Braidwood the weather started to change, by Goulburn is was cold and raining. At Goulburn we saw the Big Ram but we didn't stay long because of the weather. Our first free camp was on Balangalo Road (close to Balangalo State Forrest) near Berrima. It's called Gordon VC rest area. It had long drop dunnys - yuk! I played cricket all afternoon with two boys I met at the free camp. We went to bed really late and in the morning we had breakfast then started driving to North.

A few hours later we pulled up at the free camp we were going to stay at. It was Barwan rest area near Kew but it was dirty, noisy and had rubbish everywhere so we drove on and stopped at Macksville for the night. This was another free camp. It was heaps better, it had water and best of all proper toilets - yay!  The next day we went to see some friends in Macksville then drove straight to Ballina after thst. It was soooo boring. Finally got to Ballina.

At Ballina we went to Nan and Pops first to show them the van. My oldest sister Courtney came from Lismore with my two niece's to see allof us and look at the van. We went to the Hibiscus Gardens Caravan Park to set up and settle in. It's an old park but nice. It has lots of people living there permanently, heaps of places to ride our bikes and a swimming pool. Across the road is some shops and down the road is Nan and Pops house. We can see the Big Prawn from the front door. The next day we went to nan and pops for a late Christmas Day. There was lots of food and presents.

On New Years Eve we went to Nan and Pops to celebrate. We all stayed up till midnight. On new years day I slept in and Pop had to wake me up so we could go crabbing. We picked up dad back at the van and went up the river in Pops boat. I got to drive and I also got to pull in the traps, we got 6 big mudcrabs and a nice bream. It was lots of fun.







12 days in and we are still in Ballina, we have just had five days of rain and mum said I was getting cabin fever (or turning into a brat from being inside too long). Pop took me to the movies to see Star Wars The Force Awakens, it was AWESOME. All good today because the sun is out now and it's back to the stinking hot humid days. We went for a walk along the break wall at the Ballina bar. Mum showed us the beach where somebody got attacked by a shark last year. When we got back to the van we went for a ride to Nan and Pops so mum and dad could have happy hour. We saw Courtney and  her girls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment